Renowned chef Eugene O’Callaghan was very good to help us out recently at the Feast of Wexford. Here are the recipes for the dishes he demonstrated at the event – we hope you enjoy making them yourselves – please do let us know how you get on 🙂
500g Oat Flakes
125 ml Sunflower Oil
250g Dried Fruit (Choice of Cranberries, Cherries, Golden Raisins, Apricot, Banana)
25g Coconut (desiccated)
100g Chopped Nuts (Cashew)
100g Almonds (flaked)
100g Sunflower Seeds
100g Pumpkin Seeds
1 teasp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven 150°C (300ºF) Gas Mark 2
- Heat oil, honey and vanilla extract until warm and keep to one side.
- Mix all ingredients well in bowl except dried fruit.
- Add the warm honey & oil mixture and stir well until evenly mixed.
- Allow to cool before adding dried fruit.
- Store in air-tight container.
- Spread out in large trays and bake until golden brown (approx 20 minutes).
- Stir in the oven so to brown evenly (approx every 5 to 10 minutes).
Serving ideas: can be served with yoghurt or cold milk.