Renowned chef Eugene O’Callaghan was very good to help us out recently at the Feast of Wexford. Here are the recipes for the dishes he demonstrated at the event – we hope you enjoy making them yourselves – please do let us know how you get on 🙂
Potato Gratin with Wexford Cheddar & Ham
6 Potatoes (Peeled & diced in small cubes)
1 cup cream
1 cup milk
2 slices cooked ham (diced)
75 gr Wexford cheddar (grated)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Gently bring the milk & cream to a boil in heavy based pot.
- Add in the diced potato along with salt & pepper as required.
- Bring back to a simmer stirring occasionally
- Ladle about ½ of the creamy potatoes into an oven proof dish, sprinkle with the ham & half of the cheese.
- Pour the remaining potatoes over the first layer & finish off by sprinkling the rest of the cheese over the top.
- Finish cooking the gratin in the oven (approximately 30 minutes).
- Serve with either a roast of your choice or a mixed leaf salad.