Renowned chef Eugene O’Callaghan was very good to help us out recently at the Feast of Wexford. Here are the recipes for the dishes he demonstrated at the event – we hope you enjoy making them yourselves – please do let us know how you get on 🙂
8 slices white bread crust removed
100g Crumbs (brioche)
50g Melted clarified butter
500g Rhubarb in 1inch dice
100g Brown sugar
¼ teasp gr. Cinnamon
½ teasp gr. Ginger
¼ teasp gr. Nutmeg
1 orange zested
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tbsp orange juice
- Butter insides with clarified butter and dust with cinnamon sugar
- Line sides only with buttered thin slices of white bread.
- Season the crumbs with spices and sugar allowing 1/5 weight sugar to rhubarb
- Layer the charlotte using 3 layers of crumbs and 2 of rhubarb.
- Gently warm the orange juice & golden syrup before pouring over top and bake at 180 degrees for approx 25 mins or until crispy on outside.
- Serve with orange anglaise.